Want to join a growing company with a great culture? Consider joining the MacGregor Partners team as a Billing & Accounting Specialist. This position will provide support to the Accounting team with responsibilities in the areas of customer and vendor invoicing, multi-state sales tax, and reconciliation of accounts. The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter who can manage timelines and provide consistent and professional follow up to internal and external customers.
What you’ll do:
- Process invoices to include obtaining proper approvals, GL coding, and input into the accounting system.
- Reconcile vendor statements and invoices as required.
- Assist with filing multi-state sales tax returns.
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper files.
- Assist with monthly and year-end closings.
- Analyze general ledger accounts, research, and resolve any discrepancies.
- Work closely with the sales and project team to ensure accuracy and timeliness of customer invoicing.
- Process customer invoices, payments, and collections.
- Reconcile customer accounts, research, and resolve customer inquiries and discrepancies.
- Assist with accounting projects and preparation for external audits.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in accounting and invoicing.
- Associate degree in Accounting.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with outstanding organizational skills.
- Sales and use tax experience preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with NetSuite
What you’ll get:
- One of the fastest-growing companies in America to work for and a talented team to back you up.
- An awesome culture, backed up by winning a Best and Brightest for Milwaukee award four years in a row, and Best and Brightest in the nation for 2020.
- Competitive salary
- Sabbatical leave of an additional five weeks paid time off every five years.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Employer-sponsored short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance.
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave
- 401(k) program with match
- Paid Time Off
- Unlimited Sick Leave
- Two days of PTO for Volunteering
- Professional Development