Want to join a growing company with a great culture? Consider joining the MacGregor Partners team as a Billing & Accounting Specialist. This position will provide support to the Accounting team with responsibilities in the areas of customer and vendor invoicing, multi-state sales tax, and reconciliation of accounts. The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter who can manage timelines and provide consistent and professional follow up to internal and external customers.
What you’ll do:
- Process invoices to include obtaining proper approvals, GL coding, and input into the accounting system.
- Reconcile vendor statements and invoices as required.
- Assist with filing multi-state sales tax returns.
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper files.
- Assist with monthly and year-end closings.
- Analyze general ledger accounts, research, and resolve any discrepancies.
- Work closely with the sales and project team to ensure accuracy and timeliness of customer invoicing.
- Process customer invoices, payments, and collections.
- Reconcile customer accounts, research, and resolve customer inquiries and discrepancies.
- Assist with accounting projects and preparation for external audits.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in accounting and invoicing.
- Associate degree in Accounting.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with outstanding organizational skills.
- Sales and use tax experience preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with NetSuite
What you’ll get:
- One of the fastest-growing companies in America to work for and a talented team to back you up.
- An awesome culture, backed up by winning a Best and Brightest for Milwaukee award four years in a row, and Best and Brightest in the nation for 2020.
- Competitive salary
- Sabbatical leave of an additional five weeks paid time off every five years.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Employer-sponsored short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance.
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave
- 401(k) program with match
- Paid Time Off
- Unlimited Sick Leave
- Two days of PTO for Volunteering
- Professional Development
Minimal travel may be required. Specific amounts will be discussed with this position’s manager.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
No sponsorship is provided for this position. US citizens or permanent residents only.