The Database Administrator will design, develop, and write database code (stored procedures, scripts, triggers) and Integration Services packages for standalone use or use by application programs. Maintains SQL databases in development, testing, and production environments. Implements and maintains adherence to accepted security standards. Oversees the stabilization and performance optimization of production databases. Help understand and troubleshoot application-specific performance issues related to database queries.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain SQL databases in development, quality, and production environments.
- Support SQL databases platforms to include performance tuning, monitoring, and troubleshooting. This may include reviewing application-specific logs to provide change recommendations to improve performance.
- Determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Act as a technical resource for application/data support, data administrators, and others
- Creates databases, tablespaces, tables, indexes, triggers, procedures, SQL Reports, and all other objects
- Develop and Support SQL Integration Service packages
- Test, troubleshoot and debug applications
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date database system documentation
- Administer SQL Reporting Services implementation in development, testing, and production
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert on database development and support
What You’ll Bring:
- At least 5 years experience with all facets of the SQL Server Administration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Programming, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with T-SQL, OLAP, DTS, SSIS, and stored procedures.
- Practical experience in managing internal and external Microsoft SQL Server database security
- Knowledge of .Net and web-based programming technologies.
- Ability to program in languages such as C#, Java, SQL, etc.
- Understanding of software design and programming principles
- Knowledge working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Knowledge of following the Software Development Life Cycle
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and ability to draw sound conclusions
- Great attitude and commitment to get the job done
Bonus Points For:
- Demonstrated knowledge of HighJump/Korber WMS or Blue Yonder WMS
- Oracle Database experience
What You’ll Get:
- One of the fastest-growing companies in America to work for and a talented team to back you
- An awesome culture, backed up by winning a Best and Brightest for Milwaukee award five years in a row, and Best and Brightest in the nation for 2020!
- Sabbatical leave of an additional five weeks paid time off every five years
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Employer-sponsored short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave
- 401(k) Program w/ Match
- Paid Time Off
- Unlimited Sick Leave
- Two days of PTO for Volunteering
- Professional Development
No travel is required for this position.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
No sponsorship is provided for this position. US citizens or permanent residents only.Apply Now