We’re looking for an energetic and people-oriented person with excellent communication skills to join our dynamic company. You will work alongside high-performing teams with some of the best talent across the country. If you love engaging with people and helping them solve problems, have a great sense of character, and want to join one of the fastest-growing teams in America, then this is the role for you!
The Payroll & Benefits Coordinator will support the HR team in the areas of Payroll, Benefits, and Leave Administration. This role is responsible for managing the smooth operation of payroll processing and benefits administration, serving as the main point of contact for employee payroll and benefits questions, and acting as the subject matter expert in the HRIS and benefits platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure accurate & timely processing (start to finish) of error-free, semi-monthly, multi-state payroll.
- Process employee wage garnishments, tax withholdings, voluntary deductions, and direct deposits. Ensure accurate and timely processing of employee data and benefit deductions.
- Process new hires, update and maintain employee information in the HRIS; including change of status requirements such as department or title change, promotion, salary increase, etc.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure GL balances to payroll reports. Provide troubleshooting when necessary to resolve any discrepancies.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local agency payroll tax laws and regulations.
- Year-end functions, including processing W2’s and 1095’s.
- Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, dental and vision, disability and LOA, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits.
- Respond to employee questions regarding payroll, benefits, and leave information.
- Conduct benefit orientations with new employees and complete proactive follow-up to ensure enrollment is completed on time.
- Manage all insurance billing. Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies.
- Assist in updating and distributing employee benefit forms, brochures, literature, etc.
- Track and administer Leave of Absence requests and COBRA administration with assistance of third-party administrator.
- Assist HR Manager in the annual benefits renewal process.
- Coordinate annual open enrollment meetings and aide employees in the benefits selection.
- Keep current with HR payroll policies and changes affecting payroll rules, laws, and regulations.
- Complete and maintain records, reporting, and other documentation required by federal, state, and provider rules, regulations, and policies.
- Process all unemployment claims.
- Coordinate workers’ compensation claims with third-party administrators and necessary follow-up.
- Assist with annual year-end compliance testing for benefit plans as required.
- Act as backup for positions within HR/Office Services functions.
- Support other areas of HR as needed.
- Must be able to work in the Milwaukee or Raleigh office up to 3 days per week.
What you’ll bring:
- At least one year of experience in multi-state payroll processing, group benefits administration, and HRIS management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Accounting preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (Office 365) and technical aptitude.
- Superb communication skills across various levels, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and adaptability.
- Ability to work with many interruptions and manage several duties simultaneously.
- Must exhibit a superior level of confidentiality and empathy when dealing with sensitive information regarding financial data and employment information.
Bonus points for:
- Experience administering payroll and benefits in Paylocity HRIS
- PHR Certification
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is a plus
- Administration of HDHP/HSA Plans
What you’ll get:
- One of the fastest-growing companies in America to work for and a talented team to back you up.
- Remote work opportunities.
- An awesome culture, backed up by winning a Best and Brightest for Milwaukee award five years in a row, and Best and Brightest in the nation for 2020 & 2021!
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance.
- Immediate Vacation & Sick Time.
- Employer-sponsored short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave.
- 401(k) program with match.
- Sabbatical leave of an additional five weeks paid time off every five years.
- Two days of PTO for Volunteering.
- Professional Development.
No sponsorship is provided for this position. US citizens or permanent residents only.