MacGregor Partners (part of Accenture) is seeking a Project Manager to join our dynamic team!
We are looking for someone with strong project management skills pertaining to schedule management, scope control, and budget management. Additionally, the Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the success of projects working in a fast-paced matrixed organization. Prior experience with working in the consultancy model delivering system implementations is preferred. Blue Yonder/ High Jump, as well as Service delivery PM experiences, are preferred. Understanding of PMO structure, methodology, and use of typical PMO tools is required.
PMP certification is a plus (but not required to apply).
This is a remote opportunity, with 25% travel required.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and deliver a project encompassing all the details of the PMO to the team members.
- Identify, develop, and initiate innovations and solutions where precedents and procedures may not exist. Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes. Work with senior management to resolve more complex problems.
- Actively participate in cross-functional groups to solve problems across projects. Provide resources and organizational structure to promote collaborative initiatives. Utilize a network of relationships to collect and disseminate information, build support, and secure buy-in for desired objectives.
- Regularly make decisions and take independent action on matters directly affecting project goals. Guide the matrixed team in learning and applying useful decision-making approaches. Partner with sponsors in understanding and creating opportunities and making timely choices.
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction for both project teams and business partners. Use the knowledge of the organization’s mission and core strategies as a basis to develop specific objectives and goals.
- Act decisively in critical situations and circumvent a potential problem. Use basic knowledge of general financial and accounting principles to understand and communicate how decisions affect the bottom line for the project and organization. Integrate individual and others’ projects into the culture of the organization.
- Ensure projects are delivered successfully on time and on budget.
- Ability to manage and work relationships in a matrixed organization to drive successful overall project delivery.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure customer satisfaction to support repeatability of PMO engagement.
- Other PM duties, as necessary.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of professional project management experience.
- An outstanding record of project management success, both in results achieved and in the use of professional methodology.
- Experience and understanding of supply chains and logistics.
- You are proactive in developing and implementing strategies that significantly mitigate risk and creating contingency plans to support.
- You have superior collaboration skills and techniques which appropriately define alternative solutions, resolve conflicts, and create lasting, productive partnerships with clients.
- You have a deep knowledge of principles, practices, and theories in the project management discipline. You may have knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
- You have superior interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, and negotiating skills. You ensure that open communication occurs across project teams. You handle broad-based, often complex, communications for internal and/or external audiences while creating a forum and format for ongoing open communication within functional areas or among departments.
Bonus points for:
- PMP® Certification.
- Experience with WMS, WCS, WES, Blue Yonder, High Jump, or other supply chain/warehousing platforms.
- Advanced degree in supply chain or related field.
25% travel is required for the position. Specific amounts will be discussed with this position’s manager.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
No sponsorship is provided for this position. US citizens or permanent residents only.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, abiding by applicable federal, state & local laws. Accenture will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.