If you enjoy solving challenging problems as part of a small, close-knit team then this is the job for you. In this position, you’ll get to work with all of the latest technologies and will be a key member of our engineering team that will have a major influence on the overall design and direction of our solutions. Opportunities like this don’t come around very often so submit your resume today and join one of the hottest startups in the country!
What you’ll do:
- Build solutions that solve complex problems, scale globally, guarantee performance, and enable breakthrough innovations
- Automate infrastructure provisioning, developer operations, and continuous integration/delivery
- Define and develop optimized network monitoring systems
- Manage networking and B2B VPN connections hosted by cloud providers
- Assist in developing standards, procedures, & best practices
- Together with your engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
What you’ll bring:
- Proficiency in designing and building highly available, resilient, large-scale, cloud-based solutions that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability, and automated disaster recovery
- Hands-on experience with building blocks of cloud infrastructure such as network, compute, storage, and virtualization services
- In-depth knowledge and experience with major internet routing protocols
- Excellent networking fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux or Windows environments
- Experience with relational databases
- Ability to solve complex problems and must be comfortable with a high level of ambiguity
- Ability to learn new technologies with limited guidance
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- Great attitude and commitment to get the job done
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, specifically with EC2, RDS, ELB, S3
- Experience automating infrastructure provisioning, developer operations, and continuous integration/delivery.
- Experience connecting cloud networks with on-premises resources
- Experience with a continuous improvement, rapid release cycle
- Knowledge of containerization and container orchestration technologies such as Docker
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience configuring B2B VPN connections.
- Experience working with and managing external partners/customers
- Understanding of supply chain, logistics, & distribution functional concepts
- Relevant education achievements including degrees, certifications, boot camps, etc.
What you’ll get:
- One of the fastest-growing companies in America to work for and a talented team to back you up
- An awesome culture, backed up by winning a Best and Brightest for Milwaukee award four years in a row, and Best and Brightest in the nation for 2020!
- Competitive salary
- Sabbatical leave of an additional five weeks paid time off every five years
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Employer-sponsored short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance.
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave
- 401(k) Program w/ Match
- Paid Time Off
- Unlimited Sick Leave
- Two days of PTO for Volunteering
- Professional Development
Specific amounts will be discussed with this position’s manager.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
No sponsorship is provided for this position. US citizens or permanent residents only.Apply Now