As a Senior Software Engineer at MacGregor, you’ll work alongside a team of product development veterans experienced in building systems used in demanding environments by top global brands, with an emphasis on scaling efficiently and interoperating with a multitude of third-party systems.
The Product Engineering team at MacGregor is lean, fast-paced, and agile, so expect to be challenged. Every member of the team will benefit from great exposure to our full stack from server to client, so there are countless opportunities to solve problems across the entire spectrum of our codebase.
What you’ll do:
- Design & develop new features for web-based Java applications
- Resolve and patch software defects as they are reported
- Develop and execute unit tests
- Participate in sprint reviews
What you bring:
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Understanding of object-oriented design principles
- Ability to solve complex problems and must be comfortable with a high level of ambiguity
- Ability to learn new technologies with limited guidance
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate software design with various skill levels
- Great attitude and commitment to get the job done
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Angular
- Experience with relational databases, data structures, and writing advanced SQL statements
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Jenkins CI
- Experience with Protractor
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Experience with a continuous improvement, rapid release cycle.
- Experience engineering a highly automated cloud-based product with a subscription-based pricing model.
- Understanding of supply chain, logistics, & distribution functional concepts.
What you’ll get:
- An awesome culture (backed up by winning a Best and Brightest for Milwaukee award three years in a row)
- Work/life balance: We work hard and play hard offering a flexible work schedule
- Veteran team of consultants and application engineers to work with
- Opportunities to grow
- Competitive salary
- Sabbatical leave of an additional five weeks paid time off every five years
- Medical, dental, vision
- Employer-sponsored short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave
- 401(k) with a matching program
- Paid Time Off
- Unlimited Sick Leave
- Two days of PTO for Volunteering
- Professional Development
- Lunch and Learns
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the organization.
No sponsorship is provided for this position. US citizens or permanent residents only.Apply Now