As a Senior Software Engineer at MacGregor, you’ll work alongside a team of product development veterans experienced in building systems used in demanding environments by top global brands, with an emphasis on scaling efficiently and interoperating with a multitude of third party systems.
The Product Engineering team at MacGregor is lean, fast-paced, and agile, so expect to be challenged. Every member of the team will have the autonomy to experiment with new technologies and will also be exposed to our entire tech stack from server to client, so there are countless opportunities to solve problems in new and innovative ways across the entire spectrum of our codebase.
What you’ll do:
- Design & develop new features for web applications
- Resolve and patch software defects as they are reported
- Develop and execute unit tests
- Participate in code reviews
- Participate in sprint reviews
- Assist in developing standards, procedures, & best practices for the development team
What you bring:
- 3 years or more of experience developing web applications
- Experience developing and implementing Java and/or Java EE applications
- Experience with web UI frameworks, preferably Angular
- Experience with relational databases and writing advanced SQL statements
- Understanding of object-oriented design principles
- Ability to solve complex problems and must be comfortable with a high level of ambiguity
- Ability to learn new technologies with limited guidance
- Strong communication skills, including ability to communicate software design with various skill levels
- Great attitude and commitment to get the job done
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
Bonus points for:
- Experience with a continuous improvement, rapid release cycle.
- Experience developing web services APIs
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with source code repositories, preferably GIT
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Jenkins CI
- Experience with Docker
- Understanding of supply chain, logistics, & distribution functional concepts
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the organization.
No sponsorship is provided for this position. US citizens or permanent residents only.Apply Now