As a Software Engineer at MacGregor, you’ll work alongside a team of development veterans experienced in creating, modifying, and enhancing systems used in demanding warehousing and automation environments by top global brands, with an emphasis on scaling efficiently and interoperating with a multitude of third-party systems.
The Warehouse/Automation Development team at MacGregor is lean, fast-paced, and agile, so expect to be challenged every day. Every member of the team will benefit from great exposure to our full stack from server to client, so there are countless opportunities to solve problems across the entire spectrum of the codebase. Our team is heavily involved in integration with and operationalizing emerging technologies in the automation and robotics space of supply chain.
What you’ll do:
- Review complex customer business requirements and transform them into top-tier scalable software solutions
- Design and develop customizations for enterprise-level Java-based warehouse management and automation applications
- Implement customer-driven business logic that directs various types of warehouse activities including both manual and automated (robots, conveyors, cranes, etc.) operations
- Apply sound development principles to complex logic challenges
- Work within a fast-paced Agile environment potentially across multiple projects simultaneously
- Resolve and patch software defects as they are reported
- Develop and execute unit tests
- Participate in sprint reviews
What you’ll bring:
- 3-5 years of experience developing Java / C# (or equivalent) applications
- Strong experience with relational databases, data structures, and writing advanced SQL statements (MSSQL, Oracle or PostgreSQL)
- Understanding of object-oriented design principles
- Ability to solve complex problems and must be comfortable with a high level of ambiguity
- Ability to learn new technologies with limited guidance
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate software design with various skill levels
- Great attitude and commitment to get the job done
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Logistics, Distribution, or Manufacturing operations or technologies including, but not limited to: Warehouse Control Systems (WSC); Warehouse Execution Systems (WES); Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC); Warehouse Management Systems (WMS); robotics/automation controls systems.
- Experience or education in process optimization (Six Sigma, JIT, LEAN, etc.)
- Experience with a continuous improvement, rapid release cycle.
- Experience with web UI frameworks
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with source code repositories (SVN or GIT)
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- Experience with Jenkins CI
What you’ll get:
- One of the fastest-growing companies in America to work for and a talented team to back you up.
- Remote work opportunities.
- An awesome culture, backed up by winning a Best and Brightest for Milwaukee award five years in a row, and Best and Brightest in the nation for 2020 & 2021!
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance.
- Immediate Vacation & Sick Time.
- Employer-sponsored short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave.
- 401(k) program with match.
- Sabbatical leave of an additional five weeks paid time off every five years.
- Two days of PTO for Volunteering.
- Professional Development.
Minimal travel may be required. Details of travel will be discussed with your manager.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but may serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the organization, depending on experience.
No sponsorship is provided for this position. US citizens or permanent residents only.