MacGregor Partners has an exciting opening for a software engineer on our product development team. If you enjoy solving challenging problems as part of a small, close-knit team then this is the job for you. In this role, you’ll get to work with all of the latest technologies while working with some of the most talented engineers in the industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop new features for our SaaS software applications
- Troubleshooting and triaging application issues as they are reported
What You’ll Bring:
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design principles
- Ability to learn new technologies with limited guidance
- Ability to solve complex problems and must be comfortable with a high level of ambiguity.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex software design concepts in a way that is easy to understand
- Great attitude and commitment to get the job done
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Formal education like college degrees, certifications, and technical boot camps are preferred but not required. Experience, skill, and aptitude are the main drivers of success in this position
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Web UI frameworks, preferably Angular
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Docker
- Experience developing web services APIs
- Experience with relational databases, data structures, and writing advanced SQL statements
- Experience with Unix/Linux or Windows environments
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with a continuous improvement, rapid release cycle
- Experience with automatic testing frameworks, preferably Jenkins and/or Cypress
- Understanding of supply chain, logistics, & distribution functional concepts
- Experience developing & maintaining source code in a team environment, preferably using GIT
- Basic understanding of supply chain, logistics, and distribution functional concepts
- Prior experience (internship or co-op) working as a software developer or programmer
What You’ll Get:
- One of the fastest-growing companies in America to work for and a talented team to back you up
- An awesome culture, backed up by winning a Best and Brightest for Milwaukee award five years in a row, and Best and Brightest in the nation for 2020!
- Competitive salary
- Sabbatical leave of an additional five weeks paid time off every five years
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Employer-sponsored short-term disability, long term disability, and life insurance
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave
- 401(k) Program w/ Match
- Paid Time Off
- Unlimited Sick Leave
- Two days of PTO for Volunteering
- Professional Development
No travel is required for this position.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
No sponsorship is provided for this position. US citizens or permanent residents only.