If you enjoy solving challenging problems as part of a small, close-knit team then this is the job for you. In this position, you’ll get to work with all of the latest technologies and will be a key member of our software development team that will have a major influence on the overall design and direction of our solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Research new technologies and trends in the industry
- Define best practices and help improve our development process
- Help to select and administer appropriate development tools
- Design and develop product architecture and frameworks
- Design and develop deployment best practices and automation tools
- Design and develop new features for web applications
- Code reviews
- Act as technical mentor to junior engineers
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of expertise developing and implementing web applications
- Expertise developing web services APIs
- Expertise with relational databases, data structures, and writing advanced SQL statements
- Expertise with object-oriented design principles
- Expertise with source code repositories, preferably GIT
- Experience with Unix/Linux or Windows environments
- Ability to solve complex problems and must be comfortable with a high level of ambiguity.
- Ability to learn new technologies with limited guidance.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex software design concepts in a way that is easy to understand
- Great attitude and commitment to get the job done
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with a continuous improvement, rapid release cycle
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Web UI frameworks, preferably Angular
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with automatic testing frameworks, preferably Jenkins and/or Cypress
- Understanding of supply chain, logistics, & distribution functional concepts
What You’ll Get:
- One of the fastest-growing companies in America to work for and a talented team to back you up
- An awesome culture, backed up by winning a Best and Brightest for Milwaukee award five years in a row, and Best and Brightest in the nation for 2020!
- Competitive salary
- Sabbatical leave of an additional five weeks paid time off every five years
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Employer-sponsored short-term disability, long term disability, and life insurance
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave
- 401(k) Program w/ Match
- Paid Time Off
- Unlimited Sick Leave
- Two days of PTO for Volunteering
- Professional Development
No travel is required for this position.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
No sponsorship is provided for this position. US citizens or permanent residents only.Apply Now